The year 2020 has been one heck of a year – there is no other way to describe it. We have all seen things we have never seen before. We have made adjustments in business and in life like we never thought we’d ever see. Honestly, we could not have imagined a year like this past year or living our lives and operating our businesses like we have these past several months since the start of the pandemic. But the human spirit is resilient and strong, so let’s push forward into 2021 the best way we know how and make it our most spectacular year yet!
Business success is important for the health and wellness of your family. Finish strong in 2020 and keep your momentum in 2021.
Your digital presence should be a priority for your business in the world of internet searches, mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Start 2021 in a great position to be found online by prospects!
If you like end-of-the-year lists like we do, you will love this! Check out these helpful resources.
Top 14 Digital Marketing Tips to Move Your Business Forward
1. Social Media Take the opportunity now to grow your social media presence.
2. Email Marketing Stay connected and top-of-mind with clients and prospects.
3. Website – The hub of all your marketing activities, all marketing efforts should lead back to your 24/7/365 “salesperson”, which is your website.
4. Mobile Marketing Be sure your website is optimized for mobile viewing.
5. Google My Business An extremely easy step, Google My Business is vital to prospects finding your business online, organically.
6. Blogs Create new content often and help establish your expertise and thought leadership to help optimize organic search results.
7. SEO Invest in SEO marketing efforts, especially local SEO for kitchen and bath companies.
8. Keywords Take the time to research the keywords prospects are using to search for companies that provide the services you provide.
9. Social Media Groups Join Facebook Groups and meet people you have never met before, who may also be prospects.
10. Guest Posts You can take an opportunity to capitalize on the traffic of well-established industry websites and demonstrate your own expertise by writing a guest blog post.
11. Video People remember visuals and video is a popular medium today. YouTube is the second largest search engine, second only to Google.
12. Digital Ads Invest in online ads, which allow you to target specific audiences beneficial to your business.
13. Photo Gallery The kitchen and bath business is all about beautiful projects – be sure your website helps prospects imagine their dream kitchen or bathroom with stunning photos.
14. Content Marketing Content, content, and more content. Prospects do a lot of research before picking up the phone to talk to you. This can also include video and photos.
More information is available in these links:
Professionals in all industries, who are accustomed to working in physical office space with colleagues on a daily basis, made big adjustments in their professional daily routines and began to work from home. These adjustments came quick, with no notice, and they were broad in scope. We went from working 5 days a week in the office to full-time working from home. Even as the months pass, there are still many working remotely, even if it’s a partial work from home and work in the office combination. Using the right technology tools can keep your business progressing smoothly during these crazy times.
Top 14 Tools for Remote Work, Collaboration, and Working in a Post-COVID World:
1. Slack For instant communication and collaboration with your team.
2. Zoom, GoToMeeting, Bluejeans, Webex, Skype, Google Hangout Among others for videoconferencing with your team or customers and prospects.
3. Asana, Trello For project management that can be used by the whole team.
4. Google Drive, DropBox For file management for all the team to utilize.
5. Calendly For easy time management with your team, customers, or prospects.
6. Hootsuite For social media scheduling.
7. HubSpot For a fully loaded CRM system.
8. Zendesk For live chat on your website.
9. DocuSign For contract management, especially with an increase in virtual meetings in the kitchen and bath industry.
10. WordPress For easy to use professional website building that has great SEO optimization features.
11. MailChimp, Constant Contact For email marketing, easy and inexpensive tools to use for your business.
12. Google Suite (G Suite) For easy collaboration with your team, the suite includes Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive, and Google Slide, among other free Google tools.
13. Microsoft Office For team office and collaboration tools, Microsoft Office includes Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Teams among other tools.
14. DesignAlign™ For kitchen and bath showrooms, business owners, designers, and design/build firms. Simplify the proposal process, significantly reduce time spent on preparing proposals, and actively engage the customer in determining the project budget.
There are many more tools available – check out these resources:
Staying informed and constantly learning new things is a practice that all business owners should make a priority. Make it a daily practice and you will not be sorry. Check out these valuable resources.
Top 20 Business Articles:
Work from Home
5. How to Protect Your Privacy When Working From Home
9. Seek “Simple” To Become A Better Leader
13. How to Get Smarter Every Day, According to Neuroscience
Who else likes reading great business books? The year 2020 has provided some great reading. Head into 2021 with your reading list ready to go, some old and some new. Always be learning!
Top 203 Business Books:
Top 5 Articles on Dealing with Stress:
Let’s end this post with some fun. It’s the holiday season and we have all learned to order things we want online. Here are some fun websites where you can order different foods from around the world. Imagine pizza from Naples (Italy, not Florida) or a NYC bagel (the absolute best!) or a delicious lobster roll sandwich (directly from Maine). Enjoy!
All of us at SEN Design Group wish you and your family the happiest of holidays. Happy Holidays and a Joyful New Year!
Fun Foods That Can Be Delivered to Your Home:
1. Talia Di Napoli Pizza directly from Naples, Italy
2. H&H Bagels A real NYC bagel
3. McLoons Lobster Shack Maine Lobster Roll Kit – 4 Pack
4. Eastern Standard Provisions Delicious soft pretzels with a variety of salt toppings
5. Key Largo Fisheries Delicious Stone Crab delivered to your home (fresh in-season)
6. Goldbelly You can order pretty much anything delicious from anywhere in the U.S.